Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Peachy (CF)



Peachy is an earth pony originally released during/just before Year 2 of G1's production; she came in what is known as the collector's pose, and was exclusive to the Pretty Parlor playset in either a flat-footed or a concave-footed version.  This post is for my concave-footed Peachy.

As her name might suggest, Peachy is a peach-colored pony.  She has a straight, standard-length pink mane, a pink tail, and blue eyes.  From top to bottom, left to right, the bottoms of her hooves are stamped "©1982 Hasbro/Pat Pending/Made in/Hong Kong".




Peachy's symbol is on both flanks:  her right side has 12 pink hearts, and her left side has 11 pink hearts.  Because she came with the Pretty Parlor, her accessories are the ones which came with that playset:
  • basic pink comb and pink heart-shaped brush
  • pink blanket
  • 2 ribbons (1 yellow, 1 green)
  • purple saddle, bridle, and reins
  • pink basket and purple basket strap
  • 1 flowered bonnet and 1 sunhat
  • 8 nameplates (one each for the original 6 ponies, plus one each for Peachy and Lemon Drop)
She also has a tabby cat companion, Twinkles.  When I bought my Pretty Parlor from a seller on eBay, Peachy was included in the sale.  These photos are her "before" shots - I haven't even given her a light surface clean since I got her, so you can see she came to me in pretty minty condition!  I never had this pony as a child, but she's very sweet-looking, and I love her soft color scheme.  Collector pose is also one of my favorite poses, as it makes me think of ponies standing in a field and grazing, or standing in a stall, waiting to be groomed and loved on.  Miraculously, mine even has a faint whiff of "pony smell" still, so she lives on my desk, where I can easily pick her up and sniff her occasionally.  I know exactly how insane that sounds, but other G1 collectors who remember pony smell from childhood - you know what I'm talking about here.

Each Little Pony had their own little story, usually printed on the back of their box or card, but ponies who came with a playset had their stories printed in the playset's leaflet.  Below is a scan of Peachy's story, borrowed from My Little Wiki (you can click the image to view it larger):

scan from contributor Breyer600 on My Little Wiki
Peachy's Fact File page has the following to say about her:
Peachy is the very friendliest of ponies who always has a smile for her friends, especially for her best friend Twinkles the cat.  She is cheerful whether it rains or shines.
 Do you have this version of Peachy in your collection, or did you have her as a child? Let me know about her in the comments!

Click the Fact Cloud to view larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment